Me to Miss B, daycare teacher: Mary Lawton actually sat and let me read her a story the other night. She didn't try to eat the book. [This was 2 nights ago. I was very excited. She sat in my lap and listened to 1 short book.]
Miss B: That's great!
Dr. C, father of a classmate: E loves books, but I find children's books so insipid. I read her William Faulkner last night. She seemed to like it.
Me, unable to help myself: Wow. That'll give her a complex. So darkly Southern.
*******
This is what I get for leaving my child in a daycare filled with the children of academics. Really, dude? No, really--you read Faulkner to your 13-month-old? That's just creepy.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Actual conversation at daycare drop-off this morning
Posted by Jennifer at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment