Last weekend Mary Lawton was a mess. She was a fussy, whiny, crying, irritable, tantrum-throwing, not-eating, sad mess. I thought she was teething. Sweet LJ suggested taking her to the doctor, but I was convinced she was cutting some teeth. Skip to Tuesday.
Daycare called me at 3:30 on Tuesday afternoon to come pick up Mary Lawton, whom they suspected had Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. (Another child in her class had come down with it the day before.) I took her to the doctor the next day, and not only did she have Hand, Foot, and Mouth, she also had strep throat. Poor kid. Our sassy, funny girl is back after a couple days on the pink medicine.
My maternal instinct failed me last weekend. It wasn't teeth--it was a mouth full of sores and a sore throat. I guess we'd better rely on the paternal instinct from now on.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Sick
Posted by Jennifer at 9:45 AM
Labels: Mary Lawton-12 - 18 months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment