Mary Lawton is a lovable, whiny, funny, fast, singing, silly, busy girl. She often tells us she's a "bid durl." A few days ago I asked her what big girls like to do. She told me play and church. I would add to that:
- Saying "I don like that, Mommy! No! Daddy do it!" or, "I don like that, Daddy! No! Mommy do it!"
- Playing with play-doh
- Cleaning. She goes to the cleaning supplies cabinet and helps herself to a paper towel and the Febreeze. Then she says, "I clean! I clean den!"
- Stickers
- Changing her baby's diaper
- Preparing to sit on the potty. She likes pulling down her pants, removing her diaper, and walking around without a diaper.
- Singing the ABC's
- Counting to 10
- Being sassy. She sits in timeout about once a week for offenses such as throwing food or trying to hit me.
- Going to bed. She tells us she wants "my own bed." This almost makes up for the fact that she didn't sleep well until she was 18 months old.
- Doing everything by herself: "I do it!" We just say ok, let me know if you want any help, and leave her alone until she decides she wants help. "Hep! Hep peeze!"

0 comments:
Post a Comment