Friday, August 28, 2009

New daycare

Today I met with the lead teacher in what will be Mary Lawton's new daycare. I work in higher ed, and the campus runs two daycares out of the College of Education. She was on the waiting list for both, and of course we enrolled her in the first center with an opening, which is where she is now.

Well, her name came up on the other one last week. The 2 centers are supposed to be of equal quality of course, but no one really thinks they are. Mary Lawton has been in the not-as-good one. The new center is larger, so there is the potential for more children in her class. The new center seems much more structured, and the workers seem more professional. Sometimes her current daycare is a little too relaxed for me...like when I have to go looking for her teacher every morning because she's visiting with the teachers in the other classrooms.

The meeting was great, the teachers are great, the room is gorgeous, and the children there were so happy. But, I still cried in the bathroom stall when I got back to my office. It's still daycare.

oh well. Wish us luck. She starts on Tuesday. The upside: It's even closer to my office than the other place--about 2 blocks away.

0 comments: