Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vaca day 6

We had a lot of pool time on Thursday afternoon. I think there were also tug-o-war and relay races on Thursday, but I supervised naptime instead. I got to see tug-o-war from the balcony. It just looked painful.

The culminating decathlon event was a karaoke contest, complete with a karaoke DJ who claimed he is "the best karaoke DJ in the state of Florida." The numbers included:

Padaddy: Annie's Song/John Denver
Philip: Signs/Five Man Electrical Band
Emily and Olivia: Part of Your World/The Little Mermaid
Jan: Believe/Cher (in full Cher costume)
Kent and Heath: We Are the Champions/Queen
Bruce: Some Garth Brooks song/Garth Brooks
Andrew and Jason: Man of Constant Sorrow/Soggy Bottom Boys (in Soggy Bottom beards)
Kenny: Proud to be an American/Lee Greenwood
Carrie and Nikki: Bohemian Rhapsody/Queen
And me and Sweet LJ: Keep Your Hands to Yourself/The Georgia Satellites

Alisa, Biffy, and Kit judged. The criteria were entertainment value and actual singing ability. After about 10 minutes of deliberation, the judges announced the winners: Sweet LJ and me!!! I can't tell you how glorious and sweet this victory was. The win put Sweet LJ on top in the points contest, and he won the decathlon.

The quality of these pictures isn't so good. I think my sister was rocking so hard she had trouble with the camera.

0 comments: