Monday, March 14, 2011

Well-girl checkup

We went to see Dr. M on February 18 for Mary Lawton's 2-year-old well visit. Mary Lawton waited very patiently. She was fine with the nurse and was kind of a show-off while the nurse asked the basic development questions. (Nurse Paige: Can she speak in two word phrases? ML: Mommy, I want to go home and see Daddy.)

Then Dr. M showed up, and Mary Lawton turned into a sobbing disaster. Poor girl. Dr. M said she was very healthy.

Little did Mary Lawton know that the worst was yet to come: a flu shot (that I said I would do in November then forgot) and a hematocrit/lead blood test. The blood test was a nightmare--for me. But when it was all over, she got her first ever (sugar-free) lollipop and Baby got band-aids that matched Mary Lawton's, and everything was just fine.

Weight: 24 pounds 15 ounces. 25th percentile
Height: 35 inches. 75-85th percentile
Head circumference: 19 inches. 65-75th percentile

0 comments: