Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

I finally have the opportunity to be honored on Mother's Day! Sweet LJ asked me for gift ideas and told me that Mary Lawton had $38 to spend. (I'm not sure where she's getting her money, but anyway.) I made him a list from which to choose:

I had a fabulous Mother's Weekend. Sweet LJ and Sweet MLJ spoiled me rotten, and in the end, I got to go running and breakfast out on Saturday morning (I ran to the restaurant and met them there), a homeade breakfast Sunday morning, a car wash and gas fill-up in addition to the oil change, everything else on my list, and so much love and so many kisses I nearly fell out.

On Sunday Sweet LJ rode his bike to Stone Mountain, and Mary Lawton and I drove to meet him there. We hiked about halfway up the mountain. Mary Lawton fell asleep pretty quickly on the way up, woke up at the turnaround, and then fell asleep going down.

Something else cool that happened that weekend is that while running, I found $3 on the street. Yay--free money! That afternoon I went to visit my friend Jane, a master gardener, who was volunteering at a Keep DeKalb Beautiful event to promote composting, etc. They were selling raffle tickets to win a rain barrel. The raffle tickets were $3, so I bought one with my found $3. I got a call last week that I won the rain barrel! We already have one, and I'm hoping we can connect the two to really harvest some rain.

Thanks, family, for the wonderful weekend. I'm so happy to be a mom.

0 comments: