Wednesday, May 27, 2009

100 days, 50 things

1. I love how you crinkle your nose when you smile.
2. I love how you skeptically raise one eyebrow.
3. I love how you raise both eyebrows in surprise.
4. I love the dimples on the backs of your chubby hands.
5. I love how you cross your ankles right over left, just like your dad.
6. I love when you stick out your extra-long tongue (which you must have gotten from your Aunt Sis).
7. I love how no matter how tightly you're swaddled and velcroed, you still manage to worm your way out.
8. I love that little sigh.
9. I love the look on your face when I sneeze or laugh out loud.
10. I love how you fuss at the purple octopus because he will not let go of his toys.
11. I love your long monkey toes.
12. I love those little elf ears.
13. I love how you smile at me and you when I hold you and look in the mirror.
14. I love your middle-aged-man's hairline.
15.I love the surprised and pleased look on your face when we put you in your bath.
16. I love how you roll onto your side and think that you're stuck.
17. I love how you smile when I pour water over your head.
18. I love the four nice fingernails that emerged when your gnarly ones fell off.
19. I love how noisy you are--squealing, grunting, sucking, laughing, chatting.
20. I love how you burrow your face in my neck.
21. I love how you smile at me when I strap you into your carseat as if you're excited about whatever adventure lies ahead.
22. I love how you look at the books I read to you, like you're really paying attention.
23. I love how you grab onto my hand when I feed you.
24. I love waking you up in the morning.
25. I love peeking at you while you're sleeping and seeing that perfect, peaceful look on your face.
26. I love how you want to play as soon as you wake up in the morning--not eat, but play!
27. I love how you don't even flinch when Coqui licks your feet.
28. I love how you look around at everything when we carry you facing out in the Bjorn.
29. I love how you look over my shoulder out the window when I rock you in the chair in your room.
30. I love how fuzzy your hair is after it's been washed.
31. I love how you're always in motion when you're awake.
32. I love your big, dark eyes.
33. I love how your face lights up and you smile at people when they smile at you.
34. I love how you watch me get ready in the morning when I prop you up in our big bed.
35. I love how your eyes follow Coqui when he walks around you.
36. I love how you watch older children play.
37. I love that pouty lip when you're sad.
38. I love how you perk up and look around for your dad when you hear his voice.
39. I love your huge grin when I hold you up to stand on my lap.
40. I love looking at you in the mirror in the car and how you look back at me.
41. I love how you kick your legs up and over to the side when you want to roll over.
42. I love how you start off lying in one direction on the play mat and in a few minutes you've scooted all the way around.
43. I love when I pick you up in the afternoon how you look at me for a second very seriously, then break into a huge, heart-melting smile.
44. I love how you curl into a little fetal ball when I bring you into bed to sleep next to me.
45. I love how you sleep in your crib with your arms spread wide like you're trying to touch the sides.
46. I love your wonderful soft skin.
47. I love how happy you look when I strip off all your clothes and let you be naked baby.
48. I love how you call us when we leave you alone to play and you realize we're gone.
49. I love your delicious smell.
50. I love, love, love that you are my child. You make me so happy.

0 comments: