Monday, June 22, 2009

Oh my

Cutest girl in the world woke up fussing 3 times last night. This part is not unusual. What is unusual is that each time she'd had a diaper leak, and pee was everywhere. Poor girl. You'd think I would've learned my lesson the 1st time, but it was only after the 3rd time did I put 2 diapers on her. The diapers aren't too small. They were taped. She hadn't chugged a gallon of water before bed. I really don't know what happened. Wish us a drier night tonight, please.

One more thing: My ab fab husband stripped the crib and remade it the first time, and I almost cried with happiness. You're the best, LJ! (The next time I was able just to replace the pee pad. The third time was a total bust.) Some of you recommended the ultimate crib sheet way back when, and I never got any. On my list now, after filling up the washing machine with one night's worth of pee sheets, pads, and baby t-shirts.

At least it was just pee.

3 comments:

Anne Wimberly said...

when one of my children have leaked in the past it is because I either A)went up a size in diapers and they weren't ready or B)switched to a cheaper, generic brand. I know lots of people use generic diapers but they never worked for me. I'm sure the crying was b/c she was wet. The Ultimate Crib Sheet is a lifesaver!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Anne Wimberly. I just switched to Nature Babycare, which are earth-friendly but not overnight-friendly. I'm probably going to have to switch back to swaddlers for nighttime.

Rebecca said...

Another tip is to layer your crib sheets. I keep a waterproof cover, sheet, waterproof cover, sheet, and one more layer. That way if there is a night time emergency all I have to do is peel off a layer! Lifesaver! This works great when they are older and potty training too!