Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7 months old

Mary Lawton, you are a happy, funny girl. You make a different noise every day. The newest one is this squeaky whine that sounds like you're fussing, but you're just squeaking. You're also great at mamamamama and dadadadadada and sometimes bababababa. You like to blow raspberries on our arms--I guess to get us back for always zerberting your belly.
In the past week, you can sit up very well. Yesterday when I dropped you off at daycare, I sat you down to play thinking you'd probably fall over, but you didn't. When you were done with sitting, you leaned forward and got on your belly.

Playing before bedtime

This month your menu expanded to include cauliflower, watermelon, zucchini, and peaches. You hate peaches. Hate them. They make you gag. Your dad is happy about this, because the peaches are delicious, so he eats them when you don't. I haven't given up yet. You've tasted them about 5 times, and I read that sometimes you have to give a baby a new food 10 times before she "decides" she likes it. You're experimenting with finger foods, too--tiny cubes of banana and avocado. The first time you played with them. The second time you actually put a few in your mouth...and seemed surprised it was food.
You love taking baths, playing with boxes, your new play keys, and exploring. You like following me into the laundry room. You don't like being left alone to play in the den, especially when you can see us in the kitchen. You crawl over to the doorway to find out what's going on. (There's a step up out of the den, so you can't join us without some help.) You love when we sing to you, which is all the time. Everything is a song. You must hear a dozen made-up songs every day, such as: "We're going on a trip...in the car. Don't you worry, we won't go far." (There's more to that one.) Your dad often sings you one about chocolate cake, and the words change a little every time. I think we should record some of these songs, because they are GOOD. You're a lucky girl to be surrounded by such musical genius.

Still no teeth. Your hair is getting longer. Your eyes are still dark gray and getting darker every day, slowly turning brown, I'm sure.
Love you, little chicken!

0 comments: