Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Heartbreaking

Today is day 1 at the new daycare. I just visited Mary Lawton. I honestly thought that at 6 months old she might wonder about this new place but not mind the change too much. Wrong. She's never acted so excited to see me. She was practically breathless, squealing, grabbing on to me, hands all in my hair, looking at me like, "why am I here, and where have you been, and where are the people I know?" It was heartbreaking. The mommy guilt is nearly overwhelming at this moment, so I'd better stop before the crying starts.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

(((HUGS)))

Ashley said...

The daycare thing gets a ton better. Soon she will have the best friends there and run in in the morning-- that's when it gets hard :) No really - just think about how much she loves you and how excited she is to see you every day.