Wednesday, December 23, 2009

10 months old

Technically, Mary Lawton is 10 months and 1 week old today. She told me she forgives me for this late update. I think this has been my favorite month with Mary Lawton so far. She is so much fun and has shown us that she's going to be pretty feisty and--what's the acceptable term to use now? Willful?--willful.Food: She eats whatever she wants, as long as it's small and not too chewy or crunchy. In all I think I bought about 30 jars of baby food and made the rest, and now no more baby food! She still loves vegetables, but I have to remember to give them to her first. Otherwise, she'll eat all the chicken or turkey and demand more before eating her veggies. She really likes most everything--including yogurt! The experts told me that babies sometimes have to eat a food 10 times before deciding they like it. They're right. She loves yogurt now.

Party tricks: She claps on command, whenever we say, "yay!," and whenever someone else claps. She waves hello and goodbye. She waves at me when I tell her "no"--I guess to tell me, "no, it's ok, Mom!" She also plays peek-a-boo...sometimes she even initiates it.

She says something that sounds like "bye-bye." She also says "baby," which sounds like "bayeee." To any skeptics out there, I'm convinced she's saying these things in context. She will bring me something when I ask her to (Will you bring me the ball?). She crawls on hands and knees, pulls up on anything she can, and cruises around the furniture.

Love bug: Mary Lawton is such a sweet girl. She loves her mama and is a mama's girl when she's sleepy, and she loves her daddy and is so excited to see him when he comes home and she's tired of her mama.

Dislikes: Whenever we touch her face (wiping runny nose, wiping dirty face). This drives me insane. I can't stand for her to have a dirty face, and she will fight me 'til the bitter end on this.

Another milestone: That tooth. It's still a tiny nub.
First trip to Toys 'R' Us. She was in total disbelief that we'd been keeping this from her and she's been playing with boxes.

Little chicken, we can't believe you're in the dougle digits already. I love every single minute with you and can't wait to find out what each new day will bring. Love you, sweet, darling girl.

0 comments: