Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Echo

After my first OB appointment, my doc referred me for an echocardiogram. I've been really winded, nearly all the time, which isn't normal so early. Sweet LJ looked at me next to him on the couch one night and asked if I'd just gotten back from running. Needless to say, running is tricky these days because of the required breathing.

Anyway, I had the echo, and the tech said everything looked fine, but, of course, the cardiologist would *really* have to look at the images. I've never seen my heart, so the echo was pretty cool in that regard. I asked the tech if she'd throw in a free baby ultrasound, but she just laughed. The bonus shot was my liver. When I asked how it looked, she just laughed again. Happy tech! Funny liver!

Maybe I'll breathe easier when smog season is over? In the meantime, I wish my doctor would give me a little oxygen tank for an occasional hit. That would be so amazing.

0 comments: