Sunday, August 24, 2008

New baby Ian

Today we visited some friends to meet their new baby, Ian. Ian is now six weeks old and tiny--very, very tiny--but I never thought to ask how much he weighs, just marveled at how newborn he looked. Sweet LJ was scared to hold him, I think because he was so little. Ian is very cute and sweet, and he pooped while I held him. (This happens to me a lot. I must give off a bowel-relaxing vibe to babies.) We're very happy for Ian's family. What a wonderful new addition.

Sweet and LJ and I rode bikes to Ian's house, and then we rode to lunch. I kept reminding myself that I'd have to ride home and not to eat too much, but I still ate a little too much. I guess it was about 14 miles in all. These days Sweet LJ rides very slowly with me so I can breathe. My days of kicking his ass on all the hills are over (for now).

0 comments: