Monday, September 1, 2008

Val went to a book festival

We rode bikes to the Decatur Book Festival on Sunday, and it was bor.ing. Most of the tents weren't open yet (maybe there's a blue law about book festival opening hours), and those that were seemed to be selling one vanity press title each. [yawn] Now that I'm actually looking at the schedule, I see we got there too early.

We had a fun Labor Day weekend of football, eating, running, cycling, and yard work. Oh, and we went to see Tropic Thunder, which I didn't think was the funniest movie ever, like Andrew told me it was. But it was funny. Perhaps the most thrilling part of the weekend was Chick-fil-a's free chicken strips giveaway on Monday. I love you, Truett Cathy!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

One of the things I really dislike about the West Coast is their lack of respect for Chick-fil-a! Being pregnant without it stinks! :)

Jennifer said...

I can't imagine a life without CFA.