Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 19 appointment

Yesterday I hit 19 weeks, and I also had a regular appointment.

My BP: 104/80

Val's BP: in the 140s

Weight gain: Yes!

I didn't exactly get a lecture about my weight gain, but Dr. G did tell me a cautionary tale about how I will gain the most weight during the 3rd trimester, and she sort of trailed off to let me draw my own conclusions. Then she instructed me to "look, literally, at what you're about to put in your mouth [she mimed holding food in front of her face] and ask yourself, 'do I really need this?'" She also suggested I 1) drink water, or 2) brush my teeth to avoid eating. [yawn.] Thanks, Dr. G, for Basic Avoidance of Overeating 101. I guess I should cut down on the cheese eating.

Otherwise, everything was ok. I measured at 20 weeks, but she probably mistook some fat for uterus.

3 comments:

Anne Wimberly said...

Jennifer, eat whatever! Although consider who is giving you this advice - I gained 50 pounds with each child. Albeit, I lost 50 pounds after each child, too. A lot easier the first go around than this time I will add - lots of running has finally gotten it off. Go enjoy some cheese!

Melissa said...

Despite being sick the ENTIRE time I was pregnant with O, I gained 59 pounds! So, really, eat what you want and enjoy it. As long as you nurse for a year, you'll lose the weight without any effort AT ALL :)

Jennifer said...

I really can't believe that either of you gained 50 lbs. Thanks for the encouragement to eat more cheese. I will say that the dr's advice didn't really change my eating habits over the weekend.