Monday, February 2, 2009

37 weeks, 1 day appointment

I saw Dr. H on Friday (January 30), and I fall more in love with her each time. She is so kind and patient and really has a knack for putting you at ease.

Weight gain: I'm not sure. I think around another +2. I have trouble doing the math anymore.
My BP: 100/80
Val's heart rate: 130s-140s

This visit was fine. Fundally*, I'm measuring a week behind. I asked Dr. H about preeclampsia, because the nurse said, "your blood pressure is up!" with some drama after she took it. Dr. H said preeclampsia starts with a BP of 140/90, and also that my BP increase is nothing to be alarmed about. During your 3rd trimester, your BP tends to go up. I still have to go for another growth ultrasound. Everyone seems confused because I'm measuring a week behind, but according to the last ultrasound, Val is getting very big. Sweet LJ thinks she's long and compactly folded up.


*I don't think "fundally" is a word, but it's what is needed here.

0 comments: