Thursday, February 26, 2009

Letter

Dear umbilical cord stump,

Please fall off so I can take a real bath.

Sincerely,
Mary Lawton

Actually, she doesn't mind bath time much at all. She loves having her hair washed. She loves the towel I warm up in the dryer for her. (I told her today not to get used to that.)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Olivia's umbilical stump didn't fall off until she was 7 weeks old! I hope you won't have to wait that long :)

Jennifer said...

7 weeks!!! That's a persistent stump.

Melissa said...

Yep. It drove me crazy!!! I didn't know that you are supposed to let air get to it, and I dressed her in onesies and sleepers. The next kiddo will wear t-shirts until it falls off!

Unknown said...

I think Eli was 7 or 8 weeks old before his stump fell off. Ironically, he had his first (of MANY) real diaper blow out the day his stump fell off so he was able to get a real bath and not just a butt dip. :)

Rebecca said...

Did you clean it with alcohol. With all 3 babies we were told to clean the area with alcohol which helps causes the stump to dry up and fall up. JC was about 2 weeks, Charlie 10 days, Caroline 7 days.