Wow...it's already been a month since Mary Lawton joined us. She loves to eat and enjoys bath time. She especially loves having her hair washed and brushed and will settle for a basic head rub, too. She likes stoller walks through the neighborhood sometimes but don't bet on it. She likes the Baby Bjorn and will sleep in it happily for an hour or two while I take care of stuff around the house or walk Coqui. She's discovered the ceiling fans and loves to look at them, and she's discovered her reflection in the mirror. If she hears her Daddy's voice, she turns her head to find him. My heart melts when she does this.
Mary Lawton chatters nonstop. She's quiet only when she's in deep sleep; otherwise, she's constantly talking, sighing, grunting, cooing, squeaking, and squawking. It's pretty hilarious.
Her sleeping is just ok. She usually takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap, but sometimes she fights to stay awake and gets fussy as a consequence. She doesn't have a very good schedule, which I'm fine with right now, but I do want her to have a bedtime routine. We haven't settled on one yet. Her nighttime sleeping is decent, but she really wants to sleep on us--not near us or in another room. We're giving in, partly because we just want to sleep, too, and partly because there is something glorious about co-sleeping. Even Sweet LJ loves it. We might be setting ourselves up for disaster.
Other than the recent screaming fits, she's a good baby, and we're over-the-moon in love. Thanks, Mary Lawton, for coming to be with us.
Monday, March 16, 2009
One month old
Posted by Jennifer at 7:56 AM
Labels: birthday, Mary Lawton-birth to six months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
She's beautiful! I can't believe it's already been a month! O didn't settle into a routine until around 5 months old. She still loves to sleep on our chests, and really there is nothing better! I've always told Elliott that we have to enjoy it while we can because she'll be too big to lay on our chests soon :(
I love the monkey face and jazz hands - out takes are my favorite! Happy One Month Mary Lawton!
My favorite book with Charlie was "No Cry Sleep Solutions!" It was awesome.
Post a Comment