Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thought we'd turned the corner...

Mary Lawton had such a great day yesterday, and then the tide turned last night around 6:30 PM. She screamed for about 20 minutes (I timed it, since it seems like hours, and it makes me feel better to know it lasts only a short time). Then she screamed off and on for about an hour. Thanks, Melissa and Nancy for the words of encouragement and advice. She does like the front carrier and falls asleep pretty quickly, which allows me to do things around the house. Nancy, I'll ask the doctor about reflux this week.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are not a bad mom! John Christian loved the vacuum. I remember a period where he would cry for long periods. I would turn on the vacuum. It would calm him long enough for me to put him in his swing and get him to take his pappy. (Vacuum still running.) I would vacuum and he would swing until he fell asleep. I also put him in the car and drove him to Wal-mart a bunch. He would immediately quit crying once he saw the store lights. He'd stare at them until he fell asleep. Then, I would drive him back home.

Caroline hates it if you put her in her swing and it rocks.

Charlie would not sleep on his back. He just wouldn't. INSTANT screaming for long periods. Eventually, after lots of frustration I put him on his tummy and instant calm. He'd sleep for 2 hours. I felt like a horrible parent but it was the only thing that worked.

You are the mommy, & I know you are a great one! It might take a while but you will find something that works for the 2 of you. :)

Anne Wimberly said...

Nothing is more frustrating than a crying baby who can't communicate with you and a mom who wants desperately to soothe her baby! All mothers go through it. My babies never did the spit up thing but to soothe them they both liked stroller rides, car rides, and any white noise (sound machine, bathroom fan, etc).
I hope the rest of the day goes well! Glad to see that Nancy chimed in!