Over the weekend Val was feted with 2 parties. The first was hosted by my lovely friend Julia and was attended by a bunch of library folk. We had a great time, the food was divine, Julia did not make us play any games, and Val received many wonderful gifts (but very few books, which was surprising). Here are a few photos I took, and I think Sara might be giving me some more.
On Sunday our friends Carol and Frazier hosted an intimate gathering. Again, we had a great time, received overly generous gifts, and Carol, as usual, provided enough food to feed the city--but there were only 7 of us. Carol did make us play a game, Baby Shower, which involves shooting tiny babies at a target. In the end, the real competition consisted of finding the tiny babies after shooting them. Cal won the grand prize: a beautiful lava lamp night light. I think she was the only person to actually hit the target.

0 comments:
Post a Comment