Thursday, January 8, 2009

Val's room

Val's room is nearly finished. The green window shades I ordered came in yesterday, so we need to hang those. We need to get some necessities (diapers, etc.) Oh, and we need a baby. It's a very calming room, I think, and I like to sit in there and rock and read sometimes. We hope Val will like it until she's at least 4 and demands a pink princess room.

The shelves under the windows. Perfect for climbing and escaping!

The dresser now has a mirror over it.

Are the chair and ottoman ivory? Yes. Are we insane? Yes.

The birds are my favorite part of the room. Sock monkey is sitting in my childhood rocker.

We keep the door closed most of the time because of the naughty cat. He's thrilled when the door is open and he can go in and jump on everything.

Don't worry, baby safety police. We'll move everything that's a choking, strangulation, pull-on-top-of-her, etc., hazard when the time is right.

1 comments:

Anne Wimberly said...

it's beautiful - she'll love that chair - it looks so comfy! I can remember going in our nursery before our first arrived - it was a relaxed and calming place - still is.