Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another race

My friend Sara asked if I wanted to run the Cabbagetown Romp & Stomp 5K with her. I said ok because it was stroller friendly, and because I like Sara. The course was advertised as flat and fast, and it was hilly and on very narrow streets, so really neither flat nor fast. There really isn't a race in the 19-county metro-Atlanta area that is flat.

I met up with Sara and met her friend Molly. Mary Lawton got lots of admiring looks and compliments because of her adorable hat and sweater that Georgia sent her. Thank you, Georgia.

Molly and Sara
I finished in 23:43. It was a 5K. You might be thinking wow--that's REALLY fast for someone like me. Well, it's because the cop escort leading the pack made a wrong turn, so the race was shorter than it was supposed to be. It was more like a 3.4K. Oh well.
Mary Lawton slept through the finish.

I was thrilled to find out Mary Lawton and I won first place in the female stroller division! Here we are accepting our awards: a paperweight and a $25 gift certificate to a bar--because people with babies like to drink heavily. Mary Lawton loved the cool glass paperweight on her toothless gums.
Picking up our prizes.
Good times, good times. Next year, Sara!

0 comments: