I used to run in the morning before work. Then I had a baby and lay in bed as long as possible, wallowing in every minute of sleep I could get. The week I returned to work after maternity leave, I ran once or twice in the morning. I think. I might have dreamed it.
Since then I only run on the weekends and on the odd holiday or furlough day. Mary Lawton is sleeping pretty well, which means I'm sleeping better, but I have no energy ever. About 2 weeks ago, Sweet LJ gave me a pep talk about running in the morning again: That I love running, that I'll have more energy if I run more, that it would make me feel good, etc. He was right. I told him he was right, but there's a big difference between knowing I should do it and actually getting out of bed, putting on my running clothes, and going outside.
But this morning I did it. When Sweet LJ saw me in my running clothes, he gave me the biggest "I'm proud of you and happy for you" smile and hugged me. I was out the door at 5:30. I ran for 30 minutes. It was nice. I had forgotten how peaceful it is that early. So quiet, so peaceful. I love being in the quiet.
Thank you for the encouragement, Sweet LJ.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I ran this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment