Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our Halloween day

A late Halloween report...

We had a busy day that started with me running the Beat the Street for Little Feet 5K. I was really excited about this run a few weeks ago, because 1) it's a stroller-friendly race and 2) coolest Pete the Cat race t-shirt ever. I actually kept the shirt. The day began with Sweet LJ waking me up at 6:30 and telling me I probably wasn't going to run because a storm was coming. In the end, I ran but left everyone else at home. The weather was ok until about 10 minutes before the start. The temperature dropped about 15 degrees, and then it started pouring. It let up at the start, but was cold and rainy the whole way. Probably made me run faster. I finished in under 27 minutes --good for me.

The day continued with a Georgia-Florida football party. Unfortunately, the game started right in the middle of afternoon nap time. Mary Lawton did great, though, and we left around 4:30. Of course, she fell asleep in the car as soon as we left. I was worried she'd sleep through trick-or-treating, but she woke up around 5:40, just in time for us to meet up with all our neighbors for trick-or-treating.
Sweet LJ looked fabulous in his football player costume. Unfortunately for him, everyone thought he was a Dawg because of his red and black jersey. One little girl asked me what my costume was, which is the #1 sign your costume is very lame. When I told her I was a gypsy, she didn't know what a gypsy was, so that made it even more lame. We visited a few neighbors, took some pictures, and went home when it started raining again.

A fun day.

0 comments: