My neighbor Shawne received some girl clothes from a friend of hers, but she found out recently that she's having a boy. She generously passed on a few girl outfits to me. Sweet LJ likes the flamingo suit, but I love the sack sleeper with the matching hat.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Girl clothes are so cute!
Posted by Jennifer at 8:10 PM
Labels: baby gifts, clothing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Seeing these clothing items reminds me of 2 other must have items.... Gowns for sleeping b/c when you are a sleep deprived mom buttons and snaps can be a pain. I also am a fan of Halo type gowns/blankets. Here is a link to an example:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2317658
If you have a Carter's Outlet
nearby they sell their own version which is actually what I have b/c they were cheaper. These are great once your baby doesn't like to be swaddled b/c you can leave her in her pjs and zip her up without worrying she'll loose her blanket and get cold.
I never used baby powder and the pediatrician actually recommended we not use it. No baby oil or anything like that. Babies have such sensitive skin. If you take care of it by using something plain and simple like the Johnson's Baby head to toe bodywash that they use at most hospitals you will find this is all you need. They really don't need lotions either unless their skin is dry and your doctor recommends it.
A few hooded towels and soft wash clothes are also useful.
If you think you will might need a pacifier I recommend buying 2 or 3 types, sterilize them, and have them on hand just in case. Sometimes, babies are particular. I thought I wouldn't need them and was really glad when JC was 2 - 3 weeks old that my mother-in-law had given me 2 different types. I remember searching for them at 3AM one morning exhausted & desperate. He didn't like the first one, but the second brand was a hit!
If you think you are getting a Bob I recommend getting something like this Snap N Go. (There are various brands that work with all types of carriers.) They are cheaper then bigger strollers, lightweight, and small. You can just use it until she is big enough to hang out in the Bob and it will be easy to transport places since you'll already be taking the infant carrier.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2327597
For reading I totally recommend:
Your Baby's First Year: Week By Week - I enjoyed their pregnancy book and this book. I found them both extremely helpful.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2758334
No Cry Sleep Solutions (some of this is covered in the above book, but I found it especially helpful with Charlie)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755550
Ok, e-mail me and tell me I am driving you nuts with suggestions!
Lansinoh Brand Lanolin - If you breastfeed this is a MUST and the only thing you'll need besides some breast pads (you may need these even before she arrives and at the hospital) and cold cabbage leaves.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2668339
I mentioned play mats before. I do not recommend any of the fisher price ones found at Walmart or other stores. They do not hold up well and are just not as good. I am looking at the Laugh and Learn One and it looks ok. I would get one that crosses over in an X at the top. Tiny Love Brand ones usually get rave reviews. They made mine and it lasted through my boys, my neighbor's daughter, and I gave it to someone else to use before I knew I was pregnant.
If you go home stop in at Young Generations and make a little registry - wish list. I found lots of my mother and grandmother's friends found it easy to shop in there for sweet little baby things. This way Christy and Miss Lynn can help people pick something out you will like.
Ok, I promise to leave you alone for now.
Post a Comment