Sunday, November 9, 2008

Val's second race

To help motivate me to run more regularly, I decided to sign up for the Run for Justice 5K not far from my house. It started at 9 AM, and the weather was gorgeous. I wasn't feeling too optimistic about my time, and I told Sweet LJ to look for me to come in no later than 40 minutes. The course route was well-marked, but the miles weren't. At about 15 minutes and no 1-mile marker, I was either running much slower than I thought or I'd missed a mile marker. Soon I saw the 2-mile marker, then before I knew it the race was over. I haven't run a 5K in awhile, and I forgot how short they are (3.1 miles). Anyway, I finished in 31:10, and I was proud of my 10-minute miles at almost 6 months pregnant. I told the people at the time table that they should have a pregnant ladies category. They had, of course, age-group awards, and at this race they also had first stroller and first dog. (This was a rare race that allowed dogs and strollers.) Alas, no prize but still a good time.

Waiting to start

Maybe I should've stood by the "female" sign

My fans

25 weeks, 2 days

3 comments:

spokanikki said...

Way to go, Hen!

Jennifer said...

I missed your Run, Hen, Run poster.

Rebecca said...

Ok, I am impressed!