Continued from Part 1
- How are you feeling?
- How much weight have you gained?
- Have you picked out a name?
- Are you pregnant/are you expecting/is that a bump?
- Random rhetorical question followed by, "you just wait." For example:
- You think you're tired now? You just wait.
- You think you'll be going out after the baby is born? You just wait.
- You're not buying a _____? You just wait.
- You think you'll have time to _____? You just wait.
- You think finding a babysitter is easy? You just wait.
My responses:
- I feel GREAT. Every time someone asks, that's what I say.
- How much weight have YOU gained?
- Yes, but we're keeping it a secret. Sometimes I feel guilty not telling, so I say, "we're still thinking about it."
- A bold question!
- I just smile and nod and wonder whether the children of these people can sense their parents' resentment.

1 comments:
I waited to officially name my babies out loud until they were born. I find that once you tell people a name they feel it is ok to tell you why that is a good name or why it is not. They also get stuck on it and can be quite dissapointed if you change your mind at the last minute. Even though we get asked over and over I feel it is much easier to keep names a secret until you call with the official news that the baby has been born. By then people are excited to see the precious baby and not as concerned with the name!
Post a Comment